这场辩论的核心是56岁的董事长杰拉尔德莱文，他接替了已故的史蒂夫Ross in 1992.
13.Game 猎物 行业 诡计 花招 有冒险精神的
The insurance game;
Thelarge, slow-growing animals were easy game, and were quickly hunted toextinction
She is game for anything.
I was addressing a small gathering in a suburban Virginia living room
A green hand
Have no ground to complain
publishers who have, so far, made handsome profits.
The report makes heavy reading for publishers
thecompany is financially ill-managed
I am impressed by their industry.
Power plant 发电厂
introduce the topic of what makes expert performance
be jealous of one’s own good reputation.
She leaves her assistant in charge.
economic stagnation or decline have almost always left society more mean-spirited and less inclusive.
much higher than the mean score of 80.
To pay according to one’s mean按照个人的经济能力消费。
To meet disaster
all citizens who meet minimal qualifications of age and literacy
meet the demand.
A narrow victory
Observe rules or regulations.
She observes that the nightfall is coming.
They observe the National Day.
For one thing, the South could not afford to part with its slaves.
Be partial to sth喜欢某物
They know nothing about her save her name.
You have no say in the decision.
35.Smart 整洁而漂亮的, 高档的，灵活的，灵巧的
A smart uniform
a smart hotel
a smart car
which of the following statement is true?
Here is an example, which I heard at a nurses’ convention
the experiences and problems which are common to all of you
40. remark 注意的
He remarked the man’s inflamed wound.
Shippers feel they are being overcharged.
Shippers who feel they are being overcharged have the right to appeal to the federal government’s Surface Transportation Board for rate relief
43. weigh 考虑衡量
They are inclined toweigh what they get
44. even 相等的
45. voice 意见
voices now come from many quarters insisting that the science about global warming is incomplete
46. practice 惯例，做法
The practice of giving premium to inventors
47. tell 区分，分辨
It is difficult to tell good information from bad.
48. principal 最重要的，主要的
They found the principal requirement for sth.
Americans no longer expect public figures to command the English language with skill and gift.
50. figure out弄清楚
Help Your Kids Figure Out Who They Are
51. issue 发行，授予
The Organization for EconomicCo-operation and Development (OECD) has just issued a report.
meaningful processing ofinformation.
53. cover 报道;支付
To cover the disaster.
To cover the cost.
1. 放弃 abandon, desert, leave, discard, give up
2. 压缩，缩写abbreviate, compress, condense, shorten
3. 遵守abide, comply, follow, obey
4. 能力ability, capacity, capability, genius, talent,faculty, gift，able, capable, qualified
6. 不规律abnormal, irregular, unusual
7. 废除abolish, cancel, delete, eliminate, terminate, doawaywith
8. 吸收absorb, fascinate, attract
9. 荒谬的absurd, foolish, ridiculous
10. 充足的abundant, plentiful, rich, adequate enough sufficient
11. 滥用abuse, curse, insult
12. 接受，采纳accept, admit adopt
13. 途径access, approach
14. 事故accident, incident, event, occurrence, happening
15. 欢呼acclaim, applaud, cheer, clap
17. 陪伴accompany, follow, escort, go with
18. 完成accomplish, achieve, finish, complete,fullfill
20. 结果accordingly, consequently, hence, so, therefore,thus
22. 积累accumulate,assemble, collect, gather, heap, pile
23. 精确accurate, exact, precise, correct
24. 控诉accuse, charge, condemn, prosecute
27. 承认acknowledge, accept, admit,confess, recognize
29. 获得acquire, obtain, gain, get, win, earn, secure,attain
30. 行动，行为act, action, deed, operation, performance behavior
31. 活跃的active, energetic, vigorous
33. 真的actual, positive, real, true
34. 额外的additional, extra, supplementary
35. 演讲，讲话address, speech, lecture, report, talk
37. 改变alter, modify, change, shift, transform, switch, ajust, revise, vary
38. 管理administer, control, govern, manage, rule,supervise
39. 崇拜admire, adore, appreciate, worship, honour,respect,
40. 成人adult, grown-up, mature
42. 有点advantage, benefit, interest, favor, profit, gain
43. 建议advice, opinion, suggestion, propose,recommendation, view
48. 害怕afraid, fearful, awful, dreadful, frightful,terrible, horrible, terrific, appalling, timid, scared
52. 痛苦agony, anguish, pain, suffering, grief, misery,distress, sorrow
54. 恐慌alarm, fright, horror, panic, terror, dread,startle, terrify, scare, intimidate
56. 相似alike, similar, identical, assimilating
58. 常常always, often, usually, frequently, repeatedly,regularly
61. 祖先ancestor, forefather, predecessor
62. 痛苦anger, indignation, temper, rage, fury, outrage,grievance ,irritated, annoy
64. 焦虑anxiety,worry, care, concern, upset, depressed,
65. 设备apparatus, instrument, device,equipment, tool, implement, appliance
66. 明显的apparent, evident, obvious, clear, distinct, plain,conspicuous
67. 出现appear, emerge, turn up, come being, loom
68. 应用application, usage, utilize, employ, take advantage of
69. 合适的appropriate, fit, proper, suitable
70. 争论argue,debate, dispute, quarrel, discuss, reason, controversy
72. 抓住arrest, capture, catch, seize,trap
73. 假的，人造的artificial, false, synthetic, man-made, fake, unnatural
75. 屈辱，丢人的ashamed, shameful, humiliated
79. 同伴companion, company, colleague, fellow,partner
80. 认为assume, deem,hold, deduce, suppose, presume
86. 律师attorney, lawyer
88. 增加augment, expand, increase, surge,soar, go up, rocket, sky-rocket
89. 自治autonomous, independent, self-governing
90. 可利用的available, accessible
100. 重要的essential, fundamental, radical, vital, significant,crucial, critical, important, significant
104. 开始begin, commence, start, initiate, launch